Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for review without compensation. All words are honest and my own.
I heard about ChargeCard through their initial Kickstarter, and was curious to give it a try to see if it would help me carry less cluttered cables. Despite it's name, don't confuse it for a credit card. It's meant to be about the size of a credit card and provide lightning charging for your iPhone 5/5S/5C.
- Easy unobtrusive storage hence, it's name "ChargeCard" where it can be tucked into your wallet.
- Great for on-the-go lifestyle, so you don't forget or have cables loose all over your bag like me!
- Well-made, very sturdy but not too heavy. The 'cord' that pops out is built to withstand fraying.
- Works best with laptops, so your phone can rest beside it.
- A little on the thick side, so those with small, flat wallets might not like it's form.
- Doesn't integrate well with computers; it hangs from the back of an iMac, leaving your iPhone dangling awkwardly.
I think the ChargeCard for iPhone 5 is super nifty if you travel a lot, and will make for great useful minimalist presents--but make sure the person you're gifting has a laptop not a desktop. It's designed for long wear and usage, don't be fooled by cheaper imitations.